Advertisement
return to listing
Engine House No 5 Museum
6610 Lake Michigan Drive
Allendale, MI 49401
Call this Venue
www.enginehouse5.com
price range:
user rating:
 (0)
venue type: Museum
venue style: Historic
catering: Offsite Catering (Multiple Vendor Selection)
max venue capacity: unknown
Call this Venue
contact this venue
request a quote from this venue

Venue Description

Engine House No 5 was originally constructed in 1880 on the banks of the Grand River in downtown Grand Rapids Michigan on the corner of Leonard and Monroe Streets. This historic station served the Grand Rapids community for 100 years. 

In 1980 she was slated for demolition in order to make way for a brand-new fire station to be located in her footprint. A deal was negotiated and the building was purchased for $1.00

Beginning in the fall of 1980 (on the station's 100th birthday) the building was disassembled brick by brick, transported to its current location in Allendale and put in storage. The process took 10 weeks and 2 days. Plans were finalized for the fire museum and reconstruction began in 1981. 

Construction was completed and the museum was officially opened to the public in May 1986.

Interested in booking a group tour or a business luncheon? Get in touch with us!

Client Reviews

Add a Review

Login or Signup to review this item
Average user rating:
(0)

Map and Directions

Advertisement
 
 

Advertisement

Advertisement