Advertisement
return to listing
Our Lady of Lourdes
508 Breckenridge Ln
Louisville, KY 40207
Call this Venue
ww.ourlourdes.org
price range:
user rating:
 (0)
venue type: Church / Cathedral
venue style:
catering:
max venue capacity: unknown
Is this you? Claim This Venue
Call this Venue
contact this venue
request a quote from this venue

Venue Description

Our Lady of Lourdes Parish was established by Archbishop John A. Floersh in 1950. Carved from the old Holy Trinity Parish, which had ministered to Catholics of the St. Matthews area since 1882, Lourdes began with 300 families. The first pastor was Father Anthony G. Gerst.

Very soon property was purchased and plans were drawn up for a church building. The school opened in 1950 and was served by the Ursuline Sisters of Louisville. The parish grew rapidly after the Second Vatican Council through full implementation of its concepts of lay ministry, active outreach, full stewardship and strong community life. The first parish council was formed in 1973. It laid the foundation for the lay leadership that characterizes the parish today. The church and parish facilities were redesigned and reconstructed in 1995.

With a very strong and dedicated parish staff, Lourdes stepped into the new millennium with well-developed lay leadership and 100-plus forms of ministry, including parish services from birth to burial.

Today with nearly 3,600 parishioners, the parish is firmly committed to living active stewardship, offering Christian formation at every age level, doing significant outreach to care for the needy and working for the formation of an ever-stronger parish community through worship, formation and service.

Much transition is taking place now as the Lourdes “pioneers” hand over the reins to new generations of Catholic families moving into the parish.

Client Reviews

Add a Review

Login or Signup to review this item
Average user rating:
(0)

Map and Directions

Advertisement
 
 

Advertisement

Advertisement